Chocolate covered Oreo cookies are one of those party treats that are a guaranteed wow. They appear extravagant but truth is, our recipe makes them so approachable. Then, adorn them with a cute edible unicorn emoji and you’ve made party magic. Plus, not only are they pretty to look at, they’re delicious! Read on for our fool proof recipe, with tips and tricks.
*Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.*
Unicorn Emoji Embellishments
The beauty behind these chocolate covered Oreos is that they are so easily customizable. You can use gel food coloring to color your white chocolate chips to match your party theme, or leave them white and add an edible embellishment to the finished cookies. Or…any combination thereof! These are our favorite unicorn embellishments available on Amazon.
Party Treats & Favors
I love using chocolate covered Oreos for special party treats, but my absolute favorite thing to use them for is favors. I think it’s a fun way for your guests to extend the celebration, as they enjoy the treat at home. Well, that is, if the chocolate covered Oreo makes it to their home!
You could prepackage your unicorn emoji chocolate covered Oreo cookies in cellophane bags with matching ribbons and a cute printable tag. Or you could display them with other dessert table treats, along side a pile of vellum treat bags, with a cute sign directing guests to pack their treat favor as they like.
I may not be the most impartial judge, but I think unicorn parties have moved from trend to party standard. Who doesn’t love a little bit of magic? Unicorn parties are great for baby showers, little kid parties, big kid parties, even bachelorette parties, and so much more! We LOVE unicorn parties–in fact, we have an entire section devoted to them on the blog. From inspiration, to printables, to party recipes, you will find all you need to plan your magical party.
Find the step by step recipe below and let us know how your unicorn emoji chocolate covered Oreo cookies turn out in the comments, or tag us in your Instagram pictures using @tinselbox_holiday!
Unicorn Emoji Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies
Yield 6 cookies
Ready to make the prettiest chocolate covered Oreos and wow all of your party guests? Take it from me and all of my Pinterest fails, that this is the best way to do it! While not required, I highly recommend using a mold for a professional outcome.
- Bag of white chocolate chips
- 6 Oreo cookies
- Gel food coloring (optional)
- Unicorn emoji embellishments
- Mold (optional, but recommended!)
- Gather your tools. If you are using one, you will want the right size mold for chocolate coated Oreos. These will create a perfect, glossy finish. Set out your small glass bowl for melting the candy, a saucepan, white chocolate chips, 6 Oreos, a spoon, two sandwich bags, and scissors. You should have all these things handy. The whole recipe is done in 10 minutes. You will need to work fast.
- Boil in a saucepan 1-2 inches of water. Put a glass bowl on top, and place chips in the bowl. Slowly stir on Medium to melt. See the video!
- Stir with a spoon until melted.
- Once melted, spoon half the mixture into a plastic sandwich bag. It will be super hot. Put your mold and cookies nearby. Clip the end of the bag 1/8 of an inch and press white chocolate into the mold tray.
- Fill 3 molds about 3/4 of the way up the tray. Push an oreo into the tray until the chocolate surrounds the sides. Go back and fill the exposed side of the cookies with chocolate.
- Lightly tap the tray on the counter to disperse the chocolate until the wafers are covered.
- Chill for 10-20 minutes and pop out.
- To adorn with a unicorn emoji (like mine) put a dot of melted chocolate on the bottom of the embellishment and place on top of the finished cookie. Let cool.