You will obsess over this Easy Chocolate Covered Oreos Recipe, I promise you! They have the right amount of crunch inside with silky REAL chocolate outside. They are delicious, easy and beautiful styled to compliment any party.
Oh, did I mention NO-BAKE?
I will tell you I tried many Pinterest recipes to get these right, until I stumbled upon what I say is the ONLY way. If you follow me, I am always in search of ways to impress without needing a ton of talent or time. But my friends are a little fancy, and I don’t want to serve them something that doesn’t taste amazing.
I first tried white chocolate covered oreos when a friend of mine prepared a dessert table for my littlest’s 2nd birthday. Everyone who tried one melted with delight. They were scrumptious and surprising. As much as I loved their excitement, I was stunned by the beautiful finish.
Now that my friend doesn’t make party dessert tables anymore, I had to figure out if I could make these myself. On the internet there are so many recipes. Most of them said “EASY”, and yet I created fail after fail.
HOW PINTEREST FAILED ME, TERRIBLY
I first tried making these with Oreos and candy melts, melted in the microwave. I didn’t like the results at all. The candy melt hardened so fast that some of the Oreo cookies remained uncovered.
The flavor of this thick layer of candy melt had an aftertaste and candy separated from the wafers too easily. It was the kind of Pinterest disaster that had my family laughing out load.
Somehow, the cookies still disappeared. Even while my husband declared, “these just are not as good as the one’s from the party!”.
4 trips to the grocery later, I found my jam. Inspired by several Pinterest posts and one you tube video I will tell you the tips for foolproof, delicious white chocolate dipped oreo cookies.
The white chocolate for me was KEY!
Let’s stop for a moment, and admire how PRETTY these are!
The results were the ONLY way I will ever make these EVER again! On my fourth batch, I found the way I will always use. I found my jam and all was right in the world.
EASY CHOCOLATE COVERED OREOS RECIPE VIDEO TUTORIAL
White Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookie Recipe
Yield 6 Cookies
You will obsess over these chocolate covered oreos, I promise you! They have the right amount of crunch inside with silky REAL chocolate outside. They are delicious, easy and beautiful styled to compliment any party.
- Bag of White Chocolate Chips
- 6 Oreo Cookies
- Gel Food Coloring (optional)
- Wiltons floral candies or other embellishments
- Gather your tools. You will want the right size candy mold for candy coated Oreos for a perfect, glossy finish. They are a few dollars on Amazon. Set out a glass bowl for melting candy, a sauce pan, chocolate chips, 6 Oreos, a spoon, two sandwich bags. You should have all these things handy. The whole recipe is done in 10 minutes.
- Boil in a sauce plan 1-2 inches of water. Put a glass bowl on top, and place chips in the bowl to melt.
- Stir with a spoon until melted.
- Once melted, spoon half the mixture into a plastic sandwich bag. Clip the end of the bag 1/8 of an inch and press white chocolate into the mold tray.
- Fill 3 molds about 3/4 of the way up the tray. Push and oreo into the tray until the chocolate fills the sides. Fill the underside of the cookies with chocolate.
- Lightly bang the tray on the counter to disperse the chocolate until the wafers are covered.
- Chill for 10 minutes and pop out.
- If you want to adorn with a flower (like mine) dip the bottom into your warm chocolate and place on top of the cookie. Let cool.