You will obsess over this Easy Chocolate Covered Oreos Recipe, I promise you! They have the right amount of crunch inside with silky REAL chocolate outside. They are delicious, easy and beautiful styled to compliment any party.
Oh, did I mention NO-BAKE?
I will tell you I tried many Pinterest recipes to get these right until I stumbled upon what I say is the ONLY way. If you follow me, I am always in search of ways to impress without needing a ton of talent or time. But my friends are a little fancy, and I don’t want to serve them something that doesn’t taste amazing.
I first tried white chocolate covered Oreos when a friend of mine prepared a dessert table for my littlest’s 2nd birthday. Everyone who tried one expressed their delight! They were scrumptious and surprising. I enjoyed my guest’s excitement, and I was stunned by the beautiful finish.
I had to figure out if I could make these myself. On the internet there are so many recipes. Most of them said “EASY”, and yet, I created fail after fail.
HOW PINTEREST FAILED ME, TERRIBLY
I first tried making these with Oreos and candy melts, melted in the microwave. I didn’t like the results at all.
The candy melt hardened so fast that some of the Oreo cookies remained uncovered. It was clumpy, and I had to reheat it over and over.
Even more than that, the flavor of the candy melt had an aftertaste I did not like. Remember how I said my friends were fancy. It might apply to me as well. It was the kind of Pinterest disaster that had my family laughing out load.
Somehow, the cookies still disappeared. Even while my husband declared, “these just are not very good!”.
4 trips to the grocery later, I found my jam. Inspired by several Pinterest posts and one you tube video I will tell you the tips for foolproof, delicious white chocolate dipped oreo cookies.
The white chocolate chips were KEY!
Let’s stop for a moment, and admire how PRETTY these are!
Check out the unicorn party photos where these appeared.
The results are from the ONLY way I will ever make these EVER again! On my fourth batch, I found the way I will always use. I found my jam and all was right in the world.
Pairing this with a birthday cake? I have an Easy Buttercream recipe that wins every time!
EASY CHOCOLATE COVERED OREOS RECIPE VIDEO TUTORIAL
White Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookie Recipe
Yield 6 Cookies
You will obsess over these chocolate covered Oreos, I promise you! They have the right amount of crunch inside with silky REAL chocolate outside. They are delicious, easy and beautiful styled to compliment any party.
Want a Mold? Here is the one I bought
- Bag of White Chocolate Chips
- 6 Oreo Cookies
- Gel Food Coloring (optional)
- Wiltons floral candies or other embellishments
Use a mold or not!
- Gather your tools. If you are using one, you will want the right size mold for chocolate coated Oreos. These will create a perfect, glossy finish. Set out your small glass bowl for melting candy, a sauce pan, white chocolate chips, 6 Oreos, a spoon, two sandwich bags and scissors. You should have all these things handy. The whole recipe is done in 10 minutes. You will need to work fast.
- Boil in a sauce pan 1-2 inches of water. Put a glass bowl on top, and place chips in the bowl. Slowly stir on Medium to melt. See the video!
- Stir with a spoon until melted.
- Once melted, spoon half the mixture into a plastic sandwich bag. It will be super hot. Put your mold and cookies nearby. Clip the end of the bag 1/8 of an inch and press white chocolate into the mold tray.
- Fill 3 molds about 3/4 of the way up the tray. Push an oreo into the tray until the chocolate surrounds the sides. Go back and fill the exposed side of the cookies with chocolate.
- Lightly bang the tray on the counter to disperse the chocolate until the wafers are covered.
- Chill for 10-20 minutes and pop out.
- If you want to adorn with a flower (like mine) dip the bottom into your warm chocolate and place on top of the cookie. Let cool.
Hi , can i ask ur choco is compound or converture?
Hi! To be honest, I am not sure. I just purchased white chocolate chips from the baking aisle in my local grocery store. Hope this helps!
Thank you for sharing. How long in advance can I make these
These are still fresh and delicious made 3 days ahead. They are basically white chocolate and Oreos and both of those items have a long shelf life. I haven’t tried it but if you keep them in the fridge maybe they will last a lot longer.
Hi! I need to make about 100 of these! Any idea on how much chocolate I would need? Thx!