I’m so excited that you are here for our super fun, crazy adorable teddy bear vanilla cupcakes. They were delicious and simple – my two favorite things. These are great for a teddy bear picnic, teddy bear party or a camping party!
Did you know that the Teddy Bear Picnic is a nursery rhyme written in 1907?
I am such a nerd when it comes to old traditions. These old nursery rhymes hold loads of insight about the time they were composed. Wanna hear this song?
Picnic time for teddy bears,
The little teddy bears are having a lovely time today.
Watch them, catch them unawares,
And see them picnic on their holiday.
See them gaily gad about.
They love to play and shout,
They never have any cares.
At six o’clock their mummies and daddies
Will take them home to bed
Because they’re tired little teddy bears.
Every teddy bear, that’s been good
Is sure of a treat today
There’s lots of wonderful things to eat
And wonderful games to play.
Beneath the trees, where nobody sees
They’ll hide and seek as long as they please
‘Cause that’s the way the teddy bears have their picnic.
Teddy Graham Cupcakes, please!
There are three simple steps to baking these delicious easy treats. Here are the ingredients for each step.
Vanilla cupcake ingredients:
- Box of vanilla cake mix
- Other pantry ingredients on the box recipe
Vanilla buttercream frosting ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks or ½ pound), softened but not melted
- 3-4 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Up to 4 tablespoons whole milk
Bear decoration ingredients:
I have included the links to Amazon pantry in case you want to quickly order and get baking.
- Edible gold shimmer spray
- White sprinkles
- 1 graham cracker
- Chocolate Teddy Grahams (box or small pack)
make cupcakes, delish
- Make a box of vanilla cupcakes
- Let the cupcakes cool before frosting
Make the buttercream frosting recipe:
- Beat butter with a mixer on medium speed. Add 3-4 cups of powdered sugar at a slow speed until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter. After the sugar and butter are creamy, set mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk/cream and beat for 3 minutes. Add up to a cup of powdered sugar or a tablespoon of milk until you reached the right consistency.
- Plan for a batch of frosting for each cake mix.
- Pipe generously on each cupcake
Pretty toppings are EVERY-THING
These cupcakes shine because they are similar but slightly different in design. I made two designs and it added a bit of adorable contrast to the dessert table.
- On half the cupcakes I sprayed edible gold shimmer spray and white sprinkles
- On the other half of the cupcakes, I sprinkled with graham cracker dust and white sprinkles. Put a graham cracker into a plastic bag and hammer until you have a fine dust
- Lastly, place a chocolate teddy graham into each cupcake just after frosting. The frosting will harden in an hour or s he will be secure. However I did try to push them until I felt they were just indented into the cake a smidgen.
Bakers tip: Leave these cupcakes out for up to 24 hours. Do not refrigerate. The buttercream will harden and it will stay fresh overnight.
I would love you to share these at Smell Good Sunday http://jaytriedandtrue.blogspot.com/2017/04/smell-good-sunday-18.html