Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
2 lb potatoes, washed and sliced into 1/8" rounds.
4 Tbs butter
1 onion, diced
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 Tbs parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cup diced ham
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat butter in large skillet until melted then add your diced onions and stir until tender.
- Add in your flour and mix around until it soaks up the butter, slowly add your milk and cream.
- Stir in your parsley, salt and pepper and cook until it thickens slightly, stirring constantly
- Spray a 9"x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray and layer about 1/3 of your potatoes on the bottom, top with 1/3 of your ham and cheese.
- Pour 1/3 of your cream mixture over the top and repeat layers 2 more times.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for about 1 hour then remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or longer if potatoes are still a little crisp.
Recipe by TINSELBOX at https://www.tinselbox.com/scalloped-potatoes-ham/