Creamy, cheesy and delicious this Scalloped Potatoes and ham is a delightful comfort food that is fun and filling for the whole family!
This time of year all that goes through my mind is comfort food. It’s chilly here in Minnesota so we constantly are looking for those meals that will instantly warm us up and just make us sink into our chairs and relax because we know that it’s just something comforting and familiar to us!
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham. MMMMM!
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham have always been a family favorite, I’ve been eating it since I was young and making it for my family since I learned how to cook. It’s one of those types of meals that you always want to have in your arsenal for either just a nice Sunday dinner or for when company comes over because you’ll know it will be a hit!
What you probably didn’t know is that this recipe is super simple to whip up! Instead of slicing your potatoes by hand, I like to pop mine into my food processor with the blade attachment for slicing and it literally cuts the time from probably 10 minutes of cutting to two minutes. Score!
This Scalloped Potatoes and Ham recipe is so creamy and cheesy and with the addition of ham in there you have yourself a little salty kick behind each bite as well. I know a lot of people have different way’s that they like to make their recipes but this one has been a long time favorite of mine.
Besides who doesn’t like to add cheese to anything? I mean that is like a golden rule in our house, we always add cheese to things if it is able to have cheese added. Want to see some fun cheesy recipes? Check out my Supreme Pizza Sliders, Tater Tot Hotdish and this Ham and Broccoli Mac and Cheese! Now those are some comfort foods at their best!
So if you wanna warm up a little and have a meal that’s full of cheesy, creamy and meaty comforting goodness then this Scalloped Potatoes and Ham are exactly what you need!
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
2 lb potatoes, washed and sliced into 1/8" rounds.
4 Tbs butter
1 onion, diced
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 Tbs parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cup diced ham
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat butter in large skillet until melted then add your diced onions and stir until tender.
- Add in your flour and mix around until it soaks up the butter, slowly add your milk and cream.
- Stir in your parsley, salt and pepper and cook until it thickens slightly, stirring constantly
- Spray a 9"x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray and layer about 1/3 of your potatoes on the bottom, top with 1/3 of your ham and cheese.
- Pour 1/3 of your cream mixture over the top and repeat layers 2 more times.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for about 1 hour then remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or longer if potatoes are still a little crisp.
WANT MORE HOLIDAY SIDE DISHES?