This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BrewAsYouPlease #CollectiveBias
You will love this Mocha Chestnut French Press Coffee with Candied Chestnuts! There is nothing like sitting in your living room sipping a cup of smooth, flavorful coffee. In the morning my kids play around quietly while I enjoy.
I have no idea how I got them to do that, but I did!
This recipe has roasted chestnuts, a dash of chocolate and a smooth, bold coffee flavor.
Yup, my coffee gives me joy. Truth!
Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend is unique. It is made for French press, coffee machine or a cold brew, and it is good. Magnificent flavor and so versatile.
I brought my Folgers blend home from a Krogers store, opened the freshness seal and smelled the most amazing aroma.
Don’t you love the smell of fresh grounds?
It says right on the package, perfect for French press and cold brew. I had to test it out.
I was intimated using a French press at first, and yet it is SO easy. This gorgeous, antique stainless steel one I borrowed from a friend makes several cups at one time. Maybe she will forget to ask for it back for a while because I love it.
How did the coffehouse blend do in the French press? Ah-maze-ing. I drank a cup before I moved on to even make this recipe. I could not resist.
As it turns out, French press coffee with Folgers is my new favorite brew.
You know I enjoy a touch of history. Folgers has been a part of morning traditions since 1850. Think about how people lived back then, and they still sat down in the morning to enjoy the same coffee flavor we do today. Folgers rich coffee is a timeless ritual.
In those days, people boiled their coffee. Out of simplicity, they purified the water and made coffee at the same time. I am so grateful that someone invented ways to brew coffee that bring out more flavor. This blend can be made in so many versatile ways, so a coffee connoisseur can experiment.
Now I won’t keep this recipe from you any longer.
French Press Chestnut Coffee:
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons of Folgers Coffeehouse Blend to the bottom of the press per 8 oz of water. Adjust to taste.
- Optional: Add 1 tablespoon of roasted chestnut puree to the bottom of the press
- Bring water to a boil on the stove, and let sit for 30 seconds
- Pour 1/3 the water over the grounds and let sit for 30 seconds. Stir.
- Add the rest of the water and wait 4 minutes
- Press the French press plunger down
- Pour all the coffee into mugs. Do not let the brew sit in the coffee maker.
Now you have a delicious cup of chestnut brew.
Candied Chestnuts Recipe:
- 6 roasted chestnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Toss together chopped chestnuts, maple syrup and brown sugar
Spread chestnuts on a baking sheet
Roast on broil for 3 minutes
Toss and roast on broil another 3 minutes
You can store your candied chestnuts up to a week in the fridge
Mocha Chestnut Coffee Recipe:
- 6-8 oz brewed chestnut coffee
- 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
- Milk, optional
- Topped with frothed milk and a teaspoon of candied chestnuts (see below)
Brew your coffee
Combine the first three ingredients to taste
Add toppings and enjoy
If you want to find out more about this flavorful versatile Folgers Coffeehouse Blend, here it is!