This darling nesting house Hearth & Hand hack DIY was so much fun. My inspiration was the CRAZY terrific sale price I got on these wood nesting houses from Magnolia at Target. Did I mention all three black houses were $1.60 on sale? Regular price $16.99. Pretty unbelievable. In-store sale only, use the price checker! Go now!
Now as much as I adore this EVERYTHING Magnolia Home and Joanna Gaines, I really can’t start adding modern black accessories to my decor now. I love bright and colorful, grey and white neutrals. I have a lot of quirky patterns and gold accents. So I made these my own to share with you today.
The bright colors with the modern silhouette are just too stinkin cute! I am completely obsessed. My colors are salmon, lavender, pink and gold.
Color tip: If you want to match these to you decor pick up 3 acrylic paint color that coorinate. Bring a pillow or painting to the store in order to pull out the hues you love. Never go by memory (at least I shouldn’t).
Hearth & Hand Nesting Houses Hack DIY
Here are three ways to duplicate this shape:
- Purchase Hearth & Hand Nesting Houses at Target or on Amazon
- Cut and assemble plywood into these simple shapes
- Buy similar wood houses from a craft store
What you need:
- White primer Rustoleum spray paint
- 3 colors acrylic paint (Salmon, Pink, and Purple)
- Gold metallic acrylic paint
- Sand the surface of your wooden houses. You are just sanding any shiny coating off.
- Spray with white spray paint primer (you will see I skipped these first two steps. It makes the project a heck of a lot easier, but also less durable. Skip at your own risk.)
- Paint a coat of paint on each house. Let Dry and paint a second coat. Let Dry
- Paint a gold metallic trim line on the bottom of each house.