In all the time I have been planning parties, I have never attempted to turn a character I don’t already love into something special. However, my daughter wanted an Emoji Birthday Party Celebrations, so challenge accepted! The typical emoji invitations and party good just were not our style, so this is what we came up with. LOVE, LOVE. This isn’t just a post about this party result, but about the journey to create!
Emoji Invitations, for all ages
One of the keys to updating any party is the stylized, paper goods. The style sets the look of the party, and that WOW factor. We took that typical emoji and gave her a snapchat like crown of flowers, gold foil, watercolors and little emoji compliments.
I like to take the pdf file, and upload my design custom to paperless post. I may also send paper invitations, but I like to do this to track who’s coming. If you read my easy party planner, I don’t even check back on guests again until the week before. Yup, I am that stress free.
Tips on inviting guests, and optimizing online invites:
- Check ahead to ensure the top 2-3 guests are free the date you chose before you send the invite.
- Upload your own design via the custom option in Evite or Paperless Post.
- Look at the prior year’s invite list online, re invite. Think about new friends, grades, clubs, etc. to add more.
- Let the RSVP’s roll in. The week before, call or send a message to confirm those who have not responded.
EMOJI PARTY FAVORS
I know you want to talk about desserts, but you have to hear about the best favors ever. These soft plush emoji backpack clip ons. When Giselle got back to school, all her friends had one. That is really special. Here are some great ideas for different ages.
- Age 2-4 Emoji Birthday Favors: Bubbles… and other items in little favor bags.
- Age 5-7 Emoji Birthday Favors: Beach Balls!
- Age 7-10 Emoji Birthday Favors: Backpack Clips
- Age 11-14 Emoji Birthday Favors: Silly Drawstring Bags
These are the exact links to the recipes and purchases I made. Loved them all!
- Yellow buttercream frosting on this chocolate cake was so good! Get this flawless, delicious frosting recipe and you can use a box cake.
- The cupcakes had little gumballs with emoji faces. Very easy. Put one on each cupcake.
- Cookies from Etsy.
- Yellow jelly beans
EMOJI BALLOON INSANITY
I might have gone a little nuts with the balloons. They had so many cute ones online, and I had to have a giant yellow inflatable as well.
In the end, this Emoji Birthday party was the cutest. We all had a great time, and it was very special.
Hope our tips will help you create a special party of your own. Tell us all about it in the comments.
SHOPKINS BIRTHDAY PARTY
EASY PARTY PLANNER
GORGEOUS UNICORN BIRTHDAY PARTY