Cheesy Bacon Brussels Sprout Casserole
Yield 4-6 servings
A comfy, cozy cheesy dish- this Cheesy Bacon Brussels Sprout Casserole is the best way to enjoy your veggies, and begs to be shared at the family table.
- 2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Add the sprouts and olive oil to a large bowl, tossing to coat the sprouts. Season liberally with salt & pepper.
- Transfer them to a large baking dish, and roast them at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes- or until they're semi soft.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the cream, until evenly combined. Stir in the cheeses & almost all of the bacon. Season with the garlic & thyme, stir to combine.
- Top the roasted sprouts with the cheese mixture, stirring slightly to combine. Sprinkle the rest of the crumbled bacon evenly out over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until the casserole's set and golden brown.
- Let the mixture rest 3-5 minutes, serve & enjoy!
Recipe by TINSELBOX at https://www.tinselbox.com/cheesy-bacon-brussels-sprout-casserole-6/