I tried many Pinterest recipes to get these right. This method makes the CUTEST baby shower chocolate covered Oreos. It’s pretty simple to do, and yet this is only way I found that ticked all my boxes. Delicious, pretty and fool-proof.
Do I need to sell you on the fact that Chocolate Covered Oreos are impressive for any baby shower? They taste amazing with silky soft chocolate, and they can be adorned in blue and pink colors. I added tiny flowers to mine, however you can add other decorations or color the chocolate.
Baby Shower Chocolate Covered Oreos Recipe
MY PINTEREST ADVENTURE, AND EPIC FAILS
I read somewhere that these were easy to make, as long as you found the right way of making them. I completely agree. The first 3 batches were not quite tasty enough or looked all kinds of wrong. This baby shower will be a bust if I bring broken, odd tasting treats. My friends expect more!
There are my 4th batch, and they only took a few minutes. The white chocolate for me was KEY!
Candy melts are much harder to work with (in my opinion). The candy hardens so fast, and there is an odd aftertaste. The white chocolate stays creamy and hot longer. It also tastes fancy.
Let’s stop for a moment, and admire how PRETTY these are!
You will want to use a mold, which you can get right away through Amazon. The molds are just a few dollars and ensure bakery quality finishes.
Affiliate link >>> http://amzn.to/2peQGet
White Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookie Recipe
Yield 6 Cookies
You will obsess over these chocolate covered Oreos, I promise you! They have the right amount of crunch inside with silky REAL chocolate outside. They are delicious, easy and beautiful styled to compliment any party.
Want a Mold? Here is the one I bought
- Bag of White Chocolate Chips
- 6 Oreo Cookies
- Gel Food Coloring (optional)
- Wiltons floral candies or other embellishments
Use a mold or not!
- Gather your tools. If you are using one, you will want the right size mold for chocolate coated Oreos. These will create a perfect, glossy finish. Set out your small glass bowl for melting candy, a sauce pan, white chocolate chips, 6 Oreos, a spoon, two sandwich bags and scissors. You should have all these things handy. The whole recipe is done in 10 minutes. You will need to work fast.
- Boil in a sauce pan 1-2 inches of water. Put a glass bowl on top, and place chips in the bowl. Slowly stir on Medium to melt. See the video!
- Stir with a spoon until melted.
- Once melted, spoon half the mixture into a plastic sandwich bag. It will be super hot. Put your mold and cookies nearby. Clip the end of the bag 1/8 of an inch and press white chocolate into the mold tray.
- Fill 3 molds about 3/4 of the way up the tray. Push an oreo into the tray until the chocolate surrounds the sides. Go back and fill the exposed side of the cookies with chocolate.
- Lightly bang the tray on the counter to disperse the chocolate until the wafers are covered.
- Chill for 10-20 minutes and pop out.
- If you want to adorn with a flower (like mine) dip the bottom into your warm chocolate and place on top of the cookie. Let cool.
I’m sharing my Pin venture with some of the coolest ladies on the internet.
Now let’s see what other things Pinterest inspired! Head over and visit the other hosts to see what they crafted, cooked, built, or tried!
Jenny – Cookies Coffee and Crafts